New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Have started planning for NaNo now. For some unknown reason I allowed myself to be talked into writing a historical novel set during the Regency era. But hey, what’s one more impossible thing to accomplish?
- Read at least 75 books this year. I’ve had to change this to 75 books, because I’m just not getting the time to read at all right now. Other than research, anyway, which doesn’t count.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. I plan to have the first draft of one project finished by the end of this weekend, and 2/3 of the other one done by next weekend. Plus I have one essay overdue and another one looming, then my exam. I am drowning in overwork right now.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. Working on it.
- Start exercising more. No time. Every time I see my running shoes I keep getting this desire to get back to a normal life schedule, but it’s just not happening right now. Maybe in November.
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?