New Beginnings Wednesday (January 27)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
Wow, I can’t believe it’s Wednesday again already. And January is nearly over – it goes so quickly!
Just to recap: my goal this year is to stick with what I start. Which is easier said than done, apparently.
- Write 1000 words or more per day. So far, I have met or exceeded that amount every day since Jan 1. I’m nearly finished my novella, though, and I have no idea what I’m going to write next. Uh oh.
- Read at least 100 books this year. The count stands at 7 books out of 9 (*insert obligatory Star Trek: Voyager joke here*). I’m nearly finished Anil’s Ghost, which will bring it up to 8 out of 9. So far, so good.
- Exercise more. Yoga is a bit erratic, but I walk every day and am hunting around for a good fitness class, so I think I’m making progress.
- Post at least twice a week in this blog. Done and done!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. I’ve not made much headway with this mountain of books, except to filter out the ones that won’t be any good. I do have a few ideas about my research topics, though, so that’s progress of a sort.
- Brush up on my languages. Still nothing on this front. I’m determined to start in February and try to complete my beginner textbooks by the end of the year, but I’m a bit lazy at the moment!
- Get a job. Still looking. It’s kind of depressing how little there is out there that’s suitable, actually.
Well, that’s another week come and gone. How are you doing?