New Beginnings Wednesday (February 3)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
The first Wednesday of February, folks!
- Write 1000 words or more per day. I’ve kept this up every day since Jan 1. I’m quite proud of myself, actually. I’ve started a second novella this month; unfortunately it has no outline, which is kind of nerve-wracking, but I’m trying something new that makes it difficult to write down a linear storyline. At least I’m writing, right?
- Read at least 100 books this year. I managed 10 books in January and recently finished my first book of this month, taking the tally up to 11. I have to read at least 9 books per month to meet my goal, so I’m well on my way.
- Exercise more. Not much happening on this front. I keep forgetting yoga, although I’m still walking every day and planning on swimming/fitness class. It’s just a matter of getting around to it.
- Post at least twice a week in this blog. Done and done!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. I’ve decided on one research topic (subject to supervisor approval) and the uni has finally gotten in touch about confirming my enrollment (I’ve only been waiting since OCTOBER, GUYS). Still very little actual research done, though.
- Brush up on my languages. I started these, finally! I’m only doing one short session of each a week, because I’m going to be studying them in-depth next year for my degree so this is just to get myself familiar with the Greek and Hebrew alphabets, but at least it’s progress.
- Get a job. Sort of forgot about this. I have new job listings delivered to my inbox daily but haven’t seen anything that is really suitable. Maybe I’m just too picky.
All in all, I’m a bit disappointed with my progress at the moment – I need to start really getting stuck in, but I keep forgetting that I mean to do things. Maybe a calendar or something might help me keep on track.