New Beginnings Wednesday (February 10)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
I can’t believe I’ve been doing these a month already. How the time does fly!
Just to recap, I have only one mission this year: finish what I start. Or at least be consistent. If the plan is to get up at a certain time every day, then my goal is to keep doing that. Of course, I haven’t actually made that a goal because I fail at waking up in the morning. It’s possible that the fact that I don’t get to sleep until 3am or so has something to do with this…then again. Maybe I’m just lazy.
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still going with this one.
- Read at least 100 books this year. I’m slacking a little here. I’ve still only read 1 book so far this month, although I’m about 1/3 through a second. I need to buck up if I’m to get to the 18-20 books I need to stay on track.
- Exercise more. Meh. Fail.
- Post at least twice a week in this blog. Done and done!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Progressing with all the speed of a snail in glue. But progressing!
- Brush up on my languages. More fail.
- Get a job. Found two that would be PERFECT…it’s just a matter of getting up the guts to apply.
Not so good this week. I shall try to have a better report next time.