New Beginnings Wednesday (February 17)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
Here we are again! It’s Wednesday already and I still haven’t managed to complete another book to review – I am ashamed, I tell you. And somewhat worried that my poor New Year’s Resolution will be dead before the half-way mark. Must. Read. More.
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still keeping up with this.
- Read at least 100 books this year. That comes down to 9 per month, and I’ve only read 1 so far for February. I’m 1/4 of the way through the second, and working on a third simultaneously, however, so I’m hoping if I read like hell for the rest of the month I will manage to get through 8 more novels.
- Exercise more. I had to go into the uni yesterday for a Postgraduate Meet & Greet session (which was extremely fun, by the way) and looked up some of the clubs and societies while I was there. They have several fitness clubs that look interesting; Clubs Day for the new year is next Wednesday, so I’m going to do some more investigating then.
- Post at least twice a week in this blog. Done and done!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. I’ve decided on both of my topics and am now narrowing down my research questions and working on writing my research proposals. I’m supposed to hand in the first draft at the end of the week but I’m not sure I’ll get them done in time (fortunately it’s not a concrete deadline, just a recommendation from my supervisor XD).
- Brush up on my languages. Yes, about that…
- Get a job. I’ve asked for job descriptions and application forms for two jobs so far, which I’m debating whether to complete; unfortunately they both have a 40 hour work week and I’m not sure how I’ll be able to manage that along with full time research, which makes things a bit difficult. Even so, I’m very tempted by one of them. I’ve also signed up as a volunteer for Script Frenzy this year, which promises to be an interesting experience.
Well, I’m off to continue working on my research proposals. I hope the rest of you are doing better with keeping your resolutions than I am!