New Beginnings Wednesday (February 24)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
So much is happening in my life at the moment. Everything seems to have taken off all in a rush, leaving me scrambling to keep up! Here’s how I’ve been doing in my quest for self-discipline and perseverance this week:
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Almost goes without saying now.
- Read at least 100 books this year. Running a bit behind this month due to the research I’ve had to do. I’m hoping to have read the books I need to keep up with those challenges that require one book a month but even if I do, that’s only a shameful 5-6 books this month. I need to get organized with my reading!
- Exercise more. I’ve been investigating local fitness centers and have come up with one that sounds interesting; they have a free class that I’m hoping to go to next week to check things out.
- Post at least twice a week in this blog. Done and done!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. One of my topics fell through, but the other is pretty well set, I just have to write up my research proposal. I have ideas for the second one which I’ll be clearing with my tutor soon.
- Brush up on my languages. Ugh, I am so failing at this at the moment. Life’s gotten a bit out of hand as I have to keep going in to this seminar and going out to do the other and it’s been hard to get any sort of schedule going. I’m DETERMINED that next week I’ll start getting into a groove, now that the initial rushing about is over.
- Get a job. I’m proud to say I have a job offer! It’s a part-time position, pays OK, nothing flash, but I’m not complaining. Check that off the list for 2010!
- New! Learn to drive. No, I can’t drive. Yes, I am ashamed of this. Time to do something about it!
I’ve signed up for a lot of things this year (one of my other resolutions includes GET INVOLVED IN LIFE, because I spent my entire undergraduate career studying) so I’m going to be epically busy. Let’s hope my enthusiasm continues!