New Beginnings Wednesday (March 10)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
I’ve had a very tiresome week so far, and I’m annoyed with myself for taking so long getting things done. I need to shape up!
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Yes. Editing isn’t going too well, though. I just don’t have the time at the moment.
- Read at least 100 books this year. I’ve read 3 books so far this month. Granted, they’re all graphic novels, but at least I’ve completed the GLBT Mini Challenge and had fun doing it. I’m half way through The Time of Singing and still about two thirds through Master and Commander, so I’m hoping to get those finished as soon as I get the chance.
- Exercise more. Yeah, not so much.
- Post at least twice a week in this blog. Done and done!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. I finally, finally have the most rudimentary of first drafts for both of my proposals. Now to polish them up and turn them in. Which is a problem, because I’m an obsessive perfectionist. But I’m running majorly late, so I need to get my ass in gear and not worry so much about how stupid I feel.
- Brush up on my languages. I think I may drop this. I can’t seem to get organized. Damn.
- Get a job. I’m nearly done with my first review period. The work is a bit slower than I anticipated (or maybe it’s just me) but it’s fun and you learn the most random stuff. Hopefully I’ll do well and progress from Trainee level!
- Learn to drive. Getting there, getting there.
Okay, so, new goal: organization! I desperately need to get into a routine so that I can make full use of the time at my disposal. Otherwise I’m going to run out of hours every day. We’ll see how that goes.