New Beginnings Wednesday (March 31)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
Wow, eleven weeks and still going.
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still keeping up with this. And guess what? April is Script Frenzy month plus National Poetry Writing Month. I think my daily wordcount just got bigger…
- Read at least 100 books this year. I managed to get to 24 this month, and I’m hoping to finish off just one more today, bringing the count to the 25 I wanted. I’ll have to finish The Time of Singing and Master and Commander in April, which is a bit of a shame as I’m already a bit behind on the To Be Read Challenge. Oh well. I’ll just have to read more TBR books in April.
- Post at least twice a week in this blog. Done and done!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Just finishing off my last proposal today. The previous one earned some mild praise, so I deem it a success.
- Brush up on my languages. I’ve joined that class I talked about last week, and am currently saving up to enter the programme next term. I am determined to learn French!
- Get a job.
- Learn to drive. I keep forgetting about this.
Overall, it’s been quite a good month. I didn’t get as much reading done as I thought I would, largely because I got sidetracked by research again, but I’m still at 25% which is where I need to be, so no big deal. I’ll be posting a little later about this month’s Social Justice Action Steps I’ve completed as well.