Social Justice Challenge: ACTION! for Domestic Violence
For this month’s activist-level Social Justice challenge, I have:
- Begun participating in the international Thursdays in Black campaign against gender-related violence and discrimination.
- Decided to commit to posting a new Human Rights-related link, article or other media item every second Thursday, also in support of this campaign.
- Begun the novel The Woman Who Walked into Doors by Roddy Doyle (to be completed).
- Watched the preview of Power and Control, a documentary on domestic abuse in America. Unfortunately it has yet to be released, so I was unable to find a longer segment to view.
- Watched a number of short videos pertaining to domestic violence awareness, including these two by Patrick Stewart.
- Read this essay on surviving sexual abuse.
- Participated in Amnesty International’s campaigns against violence.
- Signed the petition at UNiTE and subscribed to their YouTube channel.
- Made a committment to speak to my counsellor about my own experiences with emotional abuse.
- Signed the petition at CARE and subscribed for updates.
What have you been doing?