New Beginnings Wednesday (April 14)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still writing and enjoying myself.
- Read at least 100 books this year. I’ve reached 26 out of 100 now; I need to be at around 34 books by the end of the month to be on track. 15 days to read 8 books? Uh oh. I’m part-way through two and beginning a third, so we’ll see how that goes.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. I just received the nicest email from my supervisor: “The proposal is excellent…I am entirely happy with it.” Score!
- Brush up on my languages.
- Get a job.
- Learn to drive. I keep forgetting about this.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog: Working on it!