New Beginnings Wednesday (April 21)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
- Write 1000 words or more per day. It’s been a bit of a stretch recently; I’ve been completely uninspired for a few days running and haven’t had much time, so the stuff I’ve been writing has been pretty much crap, but I still haven’t missed a day yet.
- Read at least 100 books this year. Just about at 30/100. Hopefully I will make my goal of 34 books by the end of the month. I still have 10 days. That’s more than enough time, right?
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Some progress has been made in this direction – I have the basics of an outline for both projects, which I will have finished by mid-May and thus can turn in early. And I am doing research. Sort of.
- Brush up on my languages. French class starts soon! I just hope they received my enrollment form, as I haven’t heard back yet…
- Get a job. Apparently I narrowly missed a ridiculous fine because I am paid on a monthly schedule and have to work out when to send my own tax in. The IRD scares me!
- Learn to drive. Still deciding if and how to do this.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I’ve been working on getting the word out, posting a lot, tweeting a lot, joining Technorati and so on. I think it’s working: traffic has been increasing over the past week!
- Start exercising more. I’ve started doing yoga again. I want to start running – I found this neat website that tells you how to get started, but I have an evil cough at the moment (seasonal asthma?) so I’m thinking it might be best to check in with a doctor first.
How are you guys doing?