New Beginnings Wednesday (May 5)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still going. I heard from an old friend of mine (who just got in touch after, like, 5 years) that she has a manuscript finished and is currently looking for a publisher. Talk about inspirational…Epic jealousy is an extremely potent motivator.
- Read at least 100 books this year. Currently read 30/100. I’m aiming to finish another 2-4 by the end of the week, but so far not much progress.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. They keep stealing my books back. Not good. However, I have been offered an opportunity to have an academic book review published in a historical journal, which is awesome.
- Brush up on my languages. French class starts this week. Apparently it just took a little bit longer to find enough newbies. Yay!
- Get a job. I like paychecks so very much.
- Learn to drive. Uh, not so much progress here.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. Record number of views for any single day yesterday. This is good, right?
- Start exercising more. Jogging has thus far failed, but I’m still going with my yoga. Maybe I’ll take up kickboxing instead…