New Beginnings Wednesday (May 12)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. I’m in the planning stages of a novel which I will be starting next month, and I’m really excited about it! It’s about time I had a new long-term project.
- Read at least 100 books this year. Haven’t been reading much at all lately, which is not good for the blog or good for my total. I’ll have to try to start motivating myself.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. I have an appointment with my supervisor to discuss my presentation soon. I am full of holy terror regarding this.
- Brush up on my languages. French class was awesome. I need to remember to keep up with my Latin though.
- Get a job. I like paychecks so very much.
- Learn to drive. Uh, not so much progress here.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. Page views are steadily increasing. This makes me happy.
- Start exercising more. Still doing Yoga while I look for another form of exercise that I can actually enjoy. I haven’t made much progress, but it’s definitely within my mental scope, so I’ll get there eventually.