New Beginnings Wednesday (May 26)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still going. I’ve written around ~200,000 words so far this year.
- Read at least 100 books this year. A little behind, with 34/100. I’m aiming to finish another three novels by the end of the month, which will put me about 5 books behind where I’m supposed to be. I need to read more!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Have begun working on my first draft of one essay now.
- Brush up on my languages. Enjoying my French, and have been practicing. I am determined to eventually become an advanced student — they get to write plays in French!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. Record number of visitors this month. Yay! Thanks guys.
- Start exercising more. Still working on this one.