New Beginnings Wednesday (June 2)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Started SoCNoC yesterday. I’m trying to average 2000 words per day, twice my usual number, which is difficult, as usually I barely get time for that. Plus I’m trying a different writing style, which makes it slow going. Still. I’m determined to write at least 50,000 words this month.
- Read at least 100 books this year. Current total stands at 35/100. Aim for the month: to get to 50, or as close as time will allow.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Really enjoying my research. Some of the stuff I’m reading about is amazing! …and not entirely related to my research topic. Ahem.
- Brush up on my languages. French is going well, but I really need to get onto my Latin. I keep putting it off.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I finally figured out how to use tags, which has helped bring in a lot more traffic. I’ve also been receiving a number of compliments on my blog, which has made me very happy. Thanks, guys!
- Start exercising more. I took up jogging again. I found when I cut the recommended time in half it was easier to stick to, so I’ve been doing that every few days. The only trouble is, it’s winter here so it rains. A lot. Thus, I have taken to swimming on those days when going outside would be equivalent to, well, going swimming, except less fun. I have definitely been exercising at least 3-4 times a week, though, which is more than I’ve done before. If I can keep this up, I’ll be fit in no time!