Here are some of the book reviews, articles and blog posts I’ve been enjoying this week. Want me to feature one of your posts here? Send me a link and I’ll check it out!
You’ll have to forgive me – this blog seems to be all about the writing side of things at the moment, doesn’t it? I guess SoCNoC has been kind of weighing heavily on my brain. Here are some more writing-related sites I’ve found of interest this week:
- Beautiful Words – a collection of words which are, as the title says, beautiful. Very inspiring, and good for writing prompts if your muse needs a kick start.
- How Writing Can Be Like Great Sex. Okay, so it’s a little off the wall, but there are some good tips in there for helping to generate ideas. I’m beginning to see something of a theme here…!
- Show Some Character! I don’t know how I actually ended up finding this page. I just saw it on my bookmarks list and thought, “Okay, that sounds interesting,” and lo and behold, it was. Five steps to creating a believable character arc.
- I Don’t Believe in Reality (isn’t that an awesome name for a blog?) discusses what happens When You’re Not the Writer You Thought You Were.
- If You Knew Her, You’d Hate Her. Diane of “out of thin air” blogs about the problems of unlikeable protagonists.
That’s it for this week, folks. Enjoy! And I promise I’ll start reading more book reviews again soon…