New Beginnings Wednesday (June 9)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. SoCNoC is going OK, as you have probably noticed from my updates. I will be glad to get back to my 1k a day once June is over though. 2k is a bit of a stretch!
- Read at least 100 books this year. Still at 35/100, but closing in on number 36.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Need to step it up a bit with the research; I have distressingly little done on my secondary topic, plus I have a new paper starting soon which will take up a lot of my time, and my presentation to prepare. Busy, busy, busy!
- Brush up on my languages. Still working on the Latin part. Five weeks of French left to go.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. Working on it!
- Start exercising more. Still jogging. Swimming once or twice a week as well, and (occasionally) doing yoga on the other days. I’m actually enjoying the jogging part, which I completely did not expect, since I used to abhor running in PE.