New Beginnings Wednesday (June 16)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still going with SoCNoC. Writing regular updates can get a bit tiresome, but I’ve found it helps me to keep going even when I don’t altogether feel like it, as it keeps me accountable for my progress (or lack thereof). I’ve passed the halfway mark now, thankfully. Here’s to an easy victory on 30 June!
- Read at least 100 books this year. I’ve finished 37/100 now, and I have about ten books that I started reading or needed to read earlier in the year for one challenge or another that I want to get caught up on by the end of the month, so I’m going to be very busy over the next couple of weeks. You can track my progress on the status bar to the right.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Getting there, getting there. I almost have 1000 words of my first draft! I’ve also started work on next month’s presentation.
- Brush up on my languages. Not much progress here. Four more weeks until I move up a class in French, but no go with the Latin yet. I just don’t seem to have the time!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. The stats are rising steadily thanks to my new mastery of tags. I’m also learning how to schedule postings, which I hope will save me some time.
- Start exercising more. I bought myself an exercycle! That way, I can work out even if it rains. I’ve also been keeping up with the swimming every few days. OMG – I’m turning into an active person!