New Beginnings Wednesday (June 23)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Nearly at the end of SoCNoC now. I have to say, I’ll be sad when it’s over. I went from not wanting to write this novel to really enjoying myself. Still – GothNoWriMo and NaNoWriMo aren’t that far away!
- Read at least 100 books this year. Now at 37/100 and headed towards 40/100. Still behind where I should be, but closing the gap. I’ll get there eventually!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Presentation in just over a month. I’m scared!
- Brush up on my languages. No go with the Latin. I’m planning to start on 1 July. Three (or is it four?) more weeks of French to go.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I’m thinking of possibly changing a lot of things in the near future, so watch this space!
- Start exercising more. Done and done.