New Beginnings Wednesday (June 30)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Finished SoCNoC a week early but it took me another few days to finish off the novel properly. To my surprise, I’m actually thinking about working on a second draft, at least until my next project is ready to go. Also? I’ve written over 250k words so far this year!
- Read at least 100 books this year. Uh, yes. As you’ll see from my status bar, I’m a little behind at the moment. Life has been getting away from me (as per usual) and reading is kind of on the back-burner right now. I have so many books to finish, it’s scary! Let’s hope July is a bit more productive in this regard.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Working on it.
- Brush up on my languages. Starting Latin tomorrow (I hope). French is nearly finished now, but I’m definitely planning to move on to the next class up!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. The numbers, they keep on rising. And I received my first award from WritersBlockNZ. Thank you!
- Start exercising more. I had to take a break from jogging, as my shoes were inadequate and my ankles were killing me. Still exercising, though!