Here are some of the book reviews, articles and blog posts I’ve been enjoying this week. Want me to feature one of your posts here? Send me a link and I’ll check it out!
- Now that I’ve started the second draft of my SoCNoC novel, I’ve been thinking about writing on a pretty minute level, and it can be quite exhausting. The devil’s in the details! Fortunately, C. Patrick Schulze has a very helpful article on How to Write a Scene that breaks things down nicely.
- I’ve also been considering downloading this wonderful writing tool, OmmWriter, which is an unutterably peaceful writing programme that looks extremely restful and conducive to daydreaming – ahem, I mean writing.
- Proving that I can actually think about things other than books and writing, I have created a Social Network for NZ and Australian Book Bloggers called Books Down Under. If you live in either of those countries or are an overseas ex-pat and you blog about books (in any way, shape or form) or writing (ditto), then sign up – we’d love to have you! Our ultimate goal is to get organized to the point where we can have conventions and such similar to those in the US, although that’s a long way away yet!
- A couple of sites to whom I’ve passed on the Lovely Blog Award are: Writehanded.
- And Born to a Red-Headed Woman. Both excellent places to find great books and/or writing!
Hope you’ve had a great week. Enjoy!