New Beginnings Wednesday (July 21)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still doing this.
- Read at least 100 books this year. I have several books on the go at the moment, but still haven’t finished any new ones. I’m a bit worried about that – if I don’t get a move on, I’ll never get to 100 books!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Presentation next week. Gulp.
- Brush up on my languages. French again this week!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I’ve been neglecting the blogosphere recently, which is a bad habit to get into, but I’ve been extremely busy and just not had the time to do anything interesting. Hopefully once my presentation is done and dusted this will change.
- Start exercising more. Still exercising. I’m proud of myself!
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?