New Beginnings Wednesday (July 28)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. It’s gotten so that this is just a given for me. I’m well over half way to my overall goal of 500k for the year as well. Yay!
- Read at least 100 books this year. I am kind of worried about this: I’ve made absolutely no progress this month so far.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Presentation on Friday. Wish me luck!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I’m trying to pay more attention to my blog now that my presentation is almost done with. We’ll see how well that goes!
- Start exercising more. The exercising has been intermittent recently due to sheer busy-ness, but I’m hoping to bring it back to a more regular schedule soon.
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?