Here are some of the book reviews, articles and blog posts I’ve been enjoying this week. Want me to feature one of your posts here? Send me a link and I’ll check it out!
Oh, internets. I love you so. And here’s why:
- This lj community called little_details. Specifically designed to help writers help each other track down information that is otherwise inaccessible about pretty much anything under the sun. New favourite site? I think so!
- I’ve always considered myself a feminist, but I’ve still been learning a great deal from Finally Feminism 101. I encourage anyone who has ever called themselves a feminist (or an “I’m-not-a-feminist-but…”) to check it out.
- I confess, I have a weakness for badly written fiction. I belong to a couple of online communities which actively MST3K the more poorly written works in existence, and came across this recording on one of them which is quite possibly the most hilarious thing I’ve ever heard. Warning: NSFW and definitely rated R.
- In much the same spirit – you’ve all heard of NaNo, I’m sure. You might not have heard of NaNoisms, those delightful little mistakes that are the inevitable product of too little time and too much coffee. You can find some fantastically hilarious examples here.
- And lastly, if you’re a Dr. Who fan and you’ve been watching the latest series, you might be interested to know that there really is a crack in the universe.