New Beginnings Wednesday (August 4)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Still keeping on keeping on. I’m enjoying finding ways of turning my daily flash fiction into a challenge, actually, trying out different styles and approaches.
- Read at least 100 books this year. Must. Read. Moar.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Time to knuckle down and do some serious work on my first drafts, due at the end of this month. I have mountains of work ahead and not much time to do it in. Just the way I like things…
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I’m back in blog, but it’s hard keeping up, especially as I am not reading as much at the moment. Hanging in there, though!
- Start exercising more. This has kind of fallen by the wayside at the moment, but I’m going to start bringing it back now that I have less to deal with. Did I say less? Ha…
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?