Here are some of the book reviews, articles and blog posts I’ve been enjoying this week. Want me to feature one of your posts here? Send me a link and I’ll check it out!
Wow, Sunday sure came around fast. Here’s some of the sites I’ve been bookmarking this week:
- Part of learning to live in modern society is learning to understand the inherent biases and prejudices within our current social structure and how to deal with them. The more multicultural things get, the higher the chances that you’re going to hear something racist. If you’re like me, you have no idea what to say when that happens. Well, this video might help: How To Tell Someone They Sound Racist.
- I came across this one by accident through another site. It’s very funny and has some insightful things to say about America today, which I thought appropriate in light of the recent issues regarding Prop 8: That’s Gay!
- There’s been talk in the book-blogosphere recently about infidelity – to books, that is. Do you read one at a time, or do you and your books share an open relationship? Personally, I always have a couple of books on the side. I just can’t stand being tied down, you know?
- Need a bit of a confidence booster? A Fat Rant Blog is all about shining for who you are, and regardless of size, shape or anything in-between it’s bound to make you smile.
- I’m not entirely sure what this is, but it sounds completely fascinating. “New forms of story designed specifically for the internet”? Yes please. Check it out here at We Tell Stories.