New Beginnings Wednesday (August 11)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Does this even need to be said? Sometimes, if I’m up after midnight, I write the day’s 1k before going to sleep. Other times, I write it in the evening, also before going to sleep. It’s become so much a habit that I hardly even have to push myself anymore. Yay!
- Read at least 100 books this year. I hope to have three reviews to post by this time next week – two books and a movie. We’ll see how it goes.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Making some progress with my first drafts. I’m roughly 10% done. I’ll have to work a bit faster if I want to finish by the end of the month, though!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I had a lovely compliment about this blog today. Awesome! My plans are currently on hold due to lack of time and funds, but as soon as August is over I’m going to get stuck in and sort out the new website.
- Start exercising more. I really must make more of an effort here.
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?