New Beginnings Wednesday (August 18)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. Goes without saying.
- Read at least 100 books this year. I’ve finally broken the long drought and finished two more novels. I’m hoping to finish off the other five or so I have half finished before the end of the month, but even so I’m still woefully behind. November and December are going to be full on reading months, by the look of things!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Most likely will not have first drafts done by the end of August. Damn. Still, am working hard and hope to finish within a couple of weeks. Fortunately the actual deadline isn’t until the end of October. So there is still time!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I just don’t have the time for this at the moment. It’s all I can do to keep up with my daily posts and intermittent reviews!
- Start exercising more. Same as above. It’s still on the list of Things To Do, though.
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?