New Beginnings Wednesday (September 1)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. I managed to keep this up even while I was away, which I am quite proud of. This month, I think I may participate in KiwiWriters’ Fantasy Madness Challenge and/or the Urban Legends Challenge, depending on whether or not I can come up with any ideas. Loving the idea of SpecFic Month!
- Read at least 100 books this year. I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll be able to manage this. Things kind of crashed around July and I have hardly picked up a book since. Time for a last-ditch effort, I think!
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. As with everything else, I feel terrifyingly behind with these at the moment. Definitely nose-to-the-grindstone time if I want to get things done before the end of October!
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. I’ve been shopping around for webhosts these past few days, and have decided where I’m going to host my new site, as well as the name for it. I’m really looking forward to getting started – but first I need to save up enough money for the hosting fees!
- Start exercising more. Er. Working on it?
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?