New Beginnings Wednesday (September 15)
New Beginnings is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s all about your New Years’ Resolutions! Everybody knows that these are really hard to stick to, so why not encourage each other in our efforts? Why not enlist the support of our online friends?
So, here it is…
- First — post your list of New Years’ Resolutions in a post at your blog.
- Second — every week, on Wednesday, write a new post about how you’re doing with each of your goals … you’ll have to list them, again, each week, as people won’t remember what you’re working towards, otherwise. Be brief in your updates, as there may be several blogs to visit!
- Third — after you’ve written your update, visit Should Be Reading, and share your link so that we –the other New Beginnings participants– can stop by your blog and encourage you!
Important! … It would be absolutely great if you could visit at least ONE other participant’s blog on Wednesdays and leave a comment on their post to share some encouragement for their efforts! Show your support! That’s what this event is all about — standing by each other to finally reach our goals!
My goal: to try to be more consistent, and finish what I start. In particular…
- Write 1000 words or more per day. I wrote a short story yesterday that I am extremely proud of, about some kind of gangland hit-man and a garbage man who likes lollipops. It was from a story prompt, hence the slight insanity, but I really enjoyed how easily I found the character’s voice and personality.
- Read at least 100 books this year. May have to reduce the number to 75 if I haven’t at least reached 50 something by the end of the month. And somehow, I don’t think that’s gonna happen.
- Dazzle my professors with my research essays. Uh, yes. My profs are great and very encouraging, but my progress is way too slow for my own comfort right now.
- Turn The Black Sheep into a functioning (popular?) blog. Working on it.
- Start exercising more. I’ve been losing some weight, but haven’t yet set up a regular exercise routine. It’s on my To Do list! Which is massive and growing daily…*sigh*
Happy Wednesday! How are your goals going?